B20 Special Workshop in Boao Forum for Asia
The Business 20 (B20) Special Workshop will be held from 9:15 to 11:40 in the morning of March 23, during the annual meeting of the Boao Forum for Asia.
The B20 2016 Host Committee plans to brief attending representatives of political, business and academic circles, as well as those of international organizations, about initial ideas for B20 China’s policy recommendations, and, through discussions, to ensure the representatives’ opinions will be reflected in the recommendations for G20 members geared towards strong, sustainable and balanced growth in the global economy.
The B20 provides a significant platform for the international business community to participate in global economic governance and international economic and trade regulation.
The B20 China 2016 has established five taskforces - financing growth, trade and investment, small and medium-sized enterprise development, infrastructure, and employment. It also includes an anti-corruption forum.
B20 Special Workshop
B20 & Global Economic Governance: Policy Recommendations to the G20 Summit
Time and Venue:
09:30-11:40 March 23,
Hesheng Ballroom, Dongyu Island Hotel,
John DANILOVICH, Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Format of discussion:
- 9:00-9:30 Registration
- 9:30-9:35 Moderator Mr. John DANILOVICH welcomes participants and frames the core objective of the workshop
- 9:35-9:40 Opening Remarks: Mr. YU Ping, B20 China Sherpa
- 9:40-9:55 Distinguished Guest Speeches:
• Mr. WANG Shouwen, Vice Minister of Commerce, China
• Mr. Thomas LEMBONG, Minister of Trade, Indonesia
- 9:55-10:15 Discussion on Financing Growth
Discussion leader: Mr. James CHANG, China Financial Service Consulting leader, PwC (Taskforce Knowledge Partner) frames the key objectives B20 China wants to achieve in this area. The moderator opens up to comments and feedback from participants.
- 10:15-10:35 Discussion on Trade and Investment
Discussion leader: Mr. David JIN, Senior Partner & Manager Director, The Boston Consulting Group (Taskforce Knowledge Partner), same procedure as above.
- 10:35-10:55 Discussion on SME Development
Discussion leader: Mr. Jack MA, Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group (Taskforce Chair), same procedure as above.
- 10:55-11:15 Discussion on Infrastructure
Discussion leader: Mr. Hans-Paul BÜRKNER, Chairman, The Boston Consulting Group (Taskforce Co-Chair), same procedure as above.
- 11:15-11:35 Discussion on Employment
Discussion leader Mr. Daniel STARTA, President/Managing Director of Greater China Unit, A.T. Kearney Management Consulting Co., Ltd (Taskforce Knowledge Partner), same procedure as above.
- 11:35-11:40 B20 China Sherpa thanks speakers and participants, and summarizes the key outcomes.
- 11:40 Moderator closes the workshop.